Asian Hall of Fame overcomes anti-Asian bias by raising awareness of Asian contributions in United States and the world. Year-round programming advances the Tech & Entertainment business, Team Member Scholarships, Brain Injury Endowment, and Make Hate Crime A Crime™.
Last year’s Forum recommended speeding up hate crime reporting by adding a hate crime checkbox to crime scene reports, similar to past successes in reporting rape and domestic violence. . Make Hate Crime A Crime™ offers to add a hate crimes checkbox for expedited reporting.
“78% of hate crime survivors are Asian women. It is unconscionable that violence against Asians continues to escalate in America. Maki Hsieh, President and CEO.
Making Hate Crime a Crime – LA
Thursday, May 12, 2022 to 11am PST
- Blake ChowDeputy Chief of Police, Los Angeles police department
- Eileen DeckerVice President, Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners
- Catherina “Cat” Nou, director of the Office of Community Outreach, Response and Engagement (CARE) of the Office of the Attorney General Rob Bonta
Making Hate Crime a Crime – Veterans and Military
Thursday, May 19, 2022 to 11am PST
- Inductee and retired U.S. Army Major General Antonio M. Taguba
- Retired United States Marine Corps Colonel Thomas Hobbs, author from “The Marine Corps: Ever Loyal – To White Men”
Making a hate crime a crime – Seattle
Thursday, May 26, 2022 to 11am PST
- Senator Manka Dhingra (D-Redmond)
- chief of police Adrian Diaz, Seattle police department
- prosecution attorney Yessenia ManzoKing County Attorney’s Office
- Executive director Brandy Subsidy, Seattle Community police board
ABOUT THE ASIAN HALL OF FAME
Established in 2004, Asian Hall of Fame is a global recognition program that overcomes anti-Asian bias by elevating Asian contributions around the world. Year-round lineup culminates in annual ceremony celebrating martial arts icon Bruce Lee, Olympian Kristi Yamaguchi, among others. His work advances philanthropic impact through Tech & Entertainment Venture, Brain Injury Endowment for trauma survivors, Make Hate Crime A Crime™ and Team Member Fellowships. Asian Hall of Fame is a founding supporter of the Academy Museum and operates from the Los Angeles Doors guitarist’s studio Robby Krieger. To visit asianhalloffame.org or contact Rochelle Srigley(626) 600-9148 at [email protected].
SOURCE Asian Hall of Fame